A quick time out from my semi-educated ramblings on cinematic adventures to celebrate the fact that I have been selected by a fellow blogger to receive The Liebster Award. That’s right bitches, I am now officially big time.
This electronic honour has been bestowed on me by all round awesome blogger ‘V’ over at The Verbal Spew Review, go to her for all your gaming, filming, and humouring needs, she does not disappoint. This being a film blog, rather than spout a mundane set of thank yous I instead would prefer to defer to perhaps my favourite Oscar acceptance speech of all time, take it away Cuba:
Being a recipient of The Liebster Award depends upon the fulfilment of certain criteria, of which I shall now endeavour to complete in the most interesting ways I can. These criteria are:
1. Post the Liebster Award graphic on your site.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated your blog.
3. The nominee is asked to write 11 facts about themselves.
4. Answer the 11 questions from the post of the person who nominated them.
5. The nominee will nominate 9 other blogs.
6. The nominee will then create 11 questions of their own for their nominated bloggers to answer in their Liebster post.
Duties one and two having been fulfilled, here are eleven facts about the face behind Oh! That Film Blog.
1. The first album I ever bought was Cher’s Believe. On cassette in fact.
2. I suffer from thalassophobia, which is an intense fear of the ocean.
3. I have danced the Time Warp with none other than Richard O’Brien, creator and star of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
4. I have a tattoo on the inside of my right wrist. It says ‘All was well.’, the last line of the last Harry Potter novel. It is in the font of the British Bloomsbury editions.
5. I have two Persian cats named Benji and Berti. They drive me to madness.
6. My birthday is on December 27th, which I have always hated due to its proximity to Christmas. Having to wait a whole year for celebrations is no fun!
7. I have seen the stage musical Wicked eight times.
8. I have seven piercings. Ears, nose and tongue!
9. I am an expert on the representation of prostitution in Victorian literature, having written my third year dissertation on the subject at university.
10. Chinese is my favourite type of food.
11. When I was little I used to trick people in to believing that Julie Andrews was my great aunt, our surnames being the same!
Now to answer the eleven questions that V has so thoughtfully constructed for her nominees:
1. What is your very first childhood memory?
I am notorious for having the worst memory of all time, but if I dig deep enough I seem to have a faint recollection of being taken to a football match for the first time and being completely terrified of the huge police horses. It must have struck a chord however, as I’ve been a season ticket holder at Oxford United my whole life!
2. You’ve hit the big-time. You’ve just won the Nobel Peace Prize. You’ve won the lottery. You’ve gained fame by ruthlessly pursuing the monsters that kidnapped a family member. You’ve been put in jail because you’re just too damn good-looking and the safety of singletons everywhere is threatened by your freedom. They’re making a movie about you. Who plays you, why, and what is the movie called?
The movie will be called Joy, because that is my middle name and because, more importantly, I am one. I will be played by Sally Field because quite simply, every role should be played by Sally Field.
3. It’s midnight and you’re hungry. What is your go-to snack?
It’s midnight and I’m in no mood to prepare food, so it has to be something ready to go. I’m going to say beef jerky.
4. The old hypothetical dinner party conundrum. You can invite any four people, alive or dead, famous or not, to a dinner party. Who do you invite and why?
Katharine Hepburn – Probably the most enigmatic personality the movie industry has ever produced. I would love to converse with her, though I fear I would not be able to keep up.
Stevie Wonder – Life long hero and musical genius. Who better to play us a little something after port and cigars?
Craig Ferguson – My favourite chat show host, would be able to keep the conversation flowing whilst putting everyone at ease.
Antonio Banderas – So I could ply him with drink and have my wicked way with him once Stevie has finished singing.
5. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I’d like to be Jane Fonda in The Newsroom. Serious answer.
6. What do you do to unwind after a tough day?
I listen to a lot of music on Spotify. One of my favourite things to do is discover new bands and artists.
7. If you could be an animal for a day what animal would you be?
I’d be a great white shark. Perhaps being inside the mind of the king of the ocean for a day would cure me of my fear of it.
8. Do you have a guilty, secret pleasure that you think you probably shouldn’t? Like Reality TV, or Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen? Tell me!
Two words. Celine Dion.
9. There has been an “atmospheric phenomenon” and you wake up with a superpower. You can make yourself invisible at whim. Who do you spy on, and why?
I would head straight to Buckingham Palace and creep around the Queen for a while. If I’m going to be invisible, I might as well aim for the top. Plus, I want to know what colour her underwear is…
10. I’m sure you have a lovely name, but if you could change it to anything, what name would you choose?
I honestly can’t think of a name that would suit me better than Amy. But if I had to change it, let’s go with Ava, Ava Andrews. That way I can keep my alliteration, and Ava is in right now.
11. Star Wars or Star Trek? If neither, you’d better have a damn good reason.
Star Wars, all day, every day. I must admit that I have never seen a single episode or cinematic instalment of Star Trek!
Now to pass on the power of the Liebster to nine more blogs. It’s a pleasure to read the posts of all those that I follow, but these nine in particular come to mind:
And now for the final task, write eleven new questions for my nominees to answer should they wish to accept the Liebster (and don’t worry if you don’t want to, just think of my nomination as a big thumbs up for your blog):
1. You are stranded on a desert island and have one book, one film and one album with you. What are they?
2. What was the first poster you ever put on your bedroom wall?
3. Do you have any tattoos? If so, what are they?
4. What is your favourite TV show of all time?
5. If you could compete in the Olympic games, in which sport would you partake?
6. What was the best concert you have ever attended?
7. You are participating in a reality show in which three strangers come to your house and you must cook them a three course meal and be scored for it. What are you rustling up?
8. If you could have played the lead role in any film that has ever been released, who would you be?
9. What was/is your favourite subject at school, and why?
10. If you were to liken yourself to a cartoon character, in looks or in personality, which one would it be?
11. Do you have any phobias? If so, which ones?
Well, that concludes my monster Liebster post. Thanks again to V, and I hope you have enjoyed my facts and answers. Tune in next week for a return to normality and cinematic goodness (depending on quality of film, of course).